The legendary Michael Mann's Heat sound mixer, The Independence Day Oscar nominee and Dance With The Wolves Oscar winner , Bill W. Benton, was the mentor and instructor of Soufiane El Khalidy at Full Sail University. He described the young filmmaker and actor as a brilliant and rare talent with a bright future. In addition, Peter Gordon, the Managing Director of Gulf Channel (1994 - 2009 ), described Soufiane as creative, reliable and added that the young artist would have a long career in the entertainment business.
Aaron Weldon, the second unit Director of David Fincher ( Fight Club, Social Network, House of Cards) and head of Blur Studios on season 3 of Love, Death and Robots claimed after directing the actor on his first commercial that Soufiane always brought a sense of excitement and discovery to the process. Collaboration was of the utmost importance, and he always looked for ways to improve the project without distracting from it's intentions. I look forward to working with Soufiane again.
In February 2023, Soufiane El Khalidy joined the cast of the Romanian sensation Alexandru Badea's new film "No Linden Trees". Few months ago, Soufiane finished filming, "Klandestin", the new feature film starring the French icon, Lambert Wilson. Prior to that, he played the lead on the music video by the French rapper, JXSH. Furthermore, He played a major supporting role on the new Showtime spy thriller TV Series, "Beirut", directed by Greg Barker ( "Sergio" on Netflix). Moreover, He was the special agent Youssef on the highly popular Egyptian action TV series "The Eight" directed by Ahmed Medhat. This Tv series was premiered in June 2022 on the Arab World leading streaming service Shahid owned by the MBC group. On November 2021, he finished filming the new History Channel Tv Series, directed by Roel Reine, called "Colosseum", which took place during the Roman Empire. He played the young Centurion charged by the emperor to find the best gladiators around the world.
In 2020, Soufiane was filming the new installment of the German franchise "Zielfahnder 3", playing the role of the charismatic Commander of Moroccan Special Forces. He previously embodied the angel Redwan on the new science fiction film "Riley Parra: Better Angels", produced by Tello Films and based on the nominated Primetime Emmy television show of the same name. Soufiane El Khalidy worked with the famous Hollywood CGI artist, Aaron Weldon, for the commercial, "Heroic Girl", for "Al Anon" national US campaign against alcoholism, where he played the lead role of an alcoholic father.
Moreover, Soufiane played an inspiring Hip Hop artist on Brian Hooks dramady "Project Hollywood" starring Kobe Randolph and the music legends, Jay Z and Kanye West. On the other hand, Soufiane El Khalidy is also known for his physicality on action movies. In the Feature Film " Shockwave : Countdown to Disaster", he played the character of the young activist and a SWAT Officer on the Hollywood science fiction film "Stray" starring Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad), Takayo Fischer (Pirates of the Caribbean, Moneyball) and Christine Woods (Hello Ladies).
=== Soufiane El Khalidy, The Artist with Multiple Talents===
In November 2020, He signed with the French publishing house "Amalthée Editions" for the release of his first novel " Riffs Of A Moroccan Rebel " that will be released worldwide in 2022.
In 2018, He is listed by the Magazine MoodMag as one of the Top 5 movie talents born in Africa and Morocco, alongside international stars, Gad El Maleh and Said Taghmaoui. Next to the Grammy Award winner, Redone, Soufiane was ranked the 4th most popular Moroccan Artist in the world according to the Russian number #1 film Magazine, Kinopoisk. He was also called the multi-talented Moroccan in Hollywood by the national television 2m and the media outlets such as Yabiladi and 212.info.
Soufiane El Khalidy has also been present on the 8th season of "NCIS: L.A" as, Sayid Yratti. Furthermore, Soufiane is one of the major actors of the film "Gulag Magadan", produced by Celtic Films. Between 2016 and 2020, Soufiane has been involved in 60 international productions, including Hollywood movies, commercials, web series, music clips for rock legends (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Train, OK Rock) and television shows, both as an actor/ stuntman and member of the production departments. Following his recent successes, Soufiane was admitted as a member of the British's Equity Association (BAEA) . On the other hand, he has been invited to pass the Preliminary Auditions of the Actors Studio in New York in order to become a permanent member.
===Debut Years, 2015-2018===
Soufiane earned his Master Degree in Fine Arts and Film Production from the prestigious Full Sail University (Orlando, FL) in March 2016. An institution known for its alumni who have won several Oscars, Grammys, Golden Globes and other BAFTAs. Moreover, his first experimental short film, "Flags and Masks Down", and his horrific vampire and rock'n'roll scenario "JukeBox Zero", were both selected by 32 film festivals across the US and the rest of the world, including Los Angeles, New York, San Antonio, Miami, Orlando, Cleveland, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Malta and Kenya.
In 2015, his film "Flags and Masks Down" had its premiere at the Mostras Amazonas de Cine in Brazil. In September 2015, he won the "Best Short Film" category for his outstanding performance as a director at the "Los Angeles InterShort Film Awards," as mentioned by the event director Ndimbime Msongole. In July 2016, his screenwriting skills on "JukeBox Zero" earned him a semi-finalist award at the Phoenix Film Festival in Melbourne, Australia. The same scenario was also nominated by the "US Hollywood Golden Film Festival" in its 2017 edition. His latest action thriller script "Just Like You Imagined" was nominated as a semi-finalist in Los Angeles Cinefest, in August 2017. In 2018, Soufiane received a new nomination at the 19 th edition of the "Chicago Horror film Festival", in the category best screenwriter.
As a producer, Soufiane received the semi-finalist award in the category "Best Producer" for his film "Flags and Masks Down" among 4000 contestants from 105 countries around the world at the International Open Film Festival. Soufiane is not only a promising new talent as a director, producer, writer and actor, his work as a production designer and art director on the film "Bad Taste" has also been hailed by film professionals, and helped this production sponsored by "Red Bull USA" to be present in many American and international festivals.
On the other hand, Soufiane was the first Moroccan to obtain the "Full Sail Global Achievement Scholarship" for his work in the fields of marketing, cinema, castings and production sets in Florida, Ouarzazate, Casablanca and Marrakech.
===Before Hollywood: Modelling, Business and Journalism===
In 2013, the general public in France and Morocco began to notice his work as an exclusive reporter for Fashion Morocco and its partner, the international model agency, Elite Model Look Morocco, for 3 consecutive years. Furthermore, he was the voice of ads for radio stations, an actor of commercials, and an editor for national magazines (Fashion Morocco, Tjeune, Snobbish, Artisthick). In addition to his long experience on film sets, design, modeling and production design, Soufiane earned a Bachelor's degree in Business from Al Akhawayn University, Morocco. Finally, he was also assistant manager of the French company company based in Casablanca, called Agence N, and the producer, Dino Sebti, at Sigma.
===Early Life in Morocco and France===
Soufiane El Khalidy was born in Agadir, Morocco, July 22nd 1987, He is the eldest son of Malika and Larbi El Khalidy, general practitioner and ex-lieutenant in the Moroccan Army during the late 80's and early 90's. During his teens, Soufiane studied at Lycée Français d'Agadir. Fascinated by the imagery of Stanley Kubrick but also by Tom Cruise and Steve Mcqueen's stunts, he practiced many sports including taekwondo, surfing, English football and basketball. At the Age of 8, He discovered his passion for theatre thanks to his French teacher, monsieur Brick, at L'Alliance Française d'Agadir, studying most of the European greats while performing in several regional events both in French and Arabic. Soufiane is also related to the 70s Moroccan football star ,Mister Brahim Hmid aka Bomba, and the French Blues Singer, Younes El Amine
Dans Ghosts of Beirut, Soufiane El Khalidy campera le rôle de Kerem aux côtés de la star Anglaise Iddo Goldberg ( Snowpiercer, Peaky Blinders, Westworld ) La mini-série d'espionnage réalisée par Greg Barker ( Sergio, Detainee 001, White Coat Rebels), sera diffusée le 19 mai aux Etats Unis sur la chaîne Showtime.
À travers des poèmes très « punk » et « rock’n’roll », Soufiane El Khalidy nous invite à découvrir son parcours personnel et dénonce au passage les travers de la société. Son écriture dévoile une identité multiple et mouvante. Sa poésie, très libre et moderne, dépeint son enfance à Agadir, sa vie d’étudiant à Al Akhawayn, aux États-Unis, en France et en Espagne, des tournages à Hollywood en tant qu’acteur, le racisme dans l’industrie du cinéma, son regard sur les sociétés marocaines, américaines ainsi que le reste du monde, les femmes de sa vie, ses moments de joie, ses moments de doutes…
En choisissant le cinéma, Soufiane voulait montrer un autre Maroc au reste du monde, loin des clichés habituels, de la misère, des paysages désertiques et des couleurs qu’on voit d’habitude sur nos écrans. Il écrira ces poèmes durant ses voyages et ses études, et sur les plateaux de tournage à Hollywood.
Editions Amalthée (Nantes, France)
A seulement 34 ans, l’acteur marocain Soufiane El Khalidy explose à Hollywood. Fort de son expérience dans le secteur cinématographique, il nous livre sa vision pour rattraper les faiblesses des productions nationales.
- Langues Français (maternelle) | Anglais (maternelle) | Marocain (maternelle) | Arabe (maternelle) | Américain (maternelle) | Arabe Littéraire (bilingue) | Espagnol (lu/parlé) | Italien (lu/parlé) | Perse (lu/parlé) | Egyptien (lu/parlé) | Kurde (lu ou parlé) | Dari (lu ou parlé) | Pachto (lu ou parlé)
Niveau bon :
Football, Boxe, Equitation, Kick Boxing, Musculation, Sprint, Cascadeur, MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
Niveau moyen : Basket Ball, Bodyboard, Taekwondo, Windsurf
Niveau bon :
- Permis Voiture
- Taille 1.75 m
- Poids 78 kg
- Cheveux | Châtain foncé
- Yeux Noisette
- Corpulence Musclée
- Taille confection veste : 42 | pantalon : 42 | pointure : 42 1/2
- Le Chemin du Retour - Fabio Zito - Adil
- Klandestin - Angelina Maccarone - The Coast Guard
- Riley Parra: Better Angels - Christin Baker - Redwan
- Stray - Joe Sill - SWAT Officer
- Rift - Rena Yao - Police Officer
- Shockwave: Countdown To Disaster - Nick Lyon - Young Militant
- Project Hollywood - Brian Hooks - Aspiring Hip Hop Artist
- Gulag Magadan - Michael Kingsbury - Commissar Yagoda
- JXSH: Tatooine - Kylian Erhard - Alfred
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Carried from the Start - Snorri Bros
- BNTLY: Wolves - Jonathan Goetzman - Employee/Wolf
- Train: Play That Song - Travis Kopach
- One Ok Rock: American Girls - Mark Staubach
- Time Bender - Souissi Brothers - Master Of Time
- Where The Love Begins - Brittney Mcpherson - Chad
- Half Life - Jia Cui - The Lawyer
- Rescheduled - Edwardo Aguirre - Nervous Employee
- Auteur du livre "Les Riffs d'un Moroccan Rebel" publié par Les Editions Amalthée ISBN: 2310050423 Ce sont les histoires d’un Marocain qui a refusé de subir le destin Il a laissé la fatalité aux écoliers menottés à leurs chaises Il n’a jamais fait les choses comme les autres gamins Préférant la bagarre que de baisser la tête Préférant jouer que de surjouer l’élève modèle Préférant tomber pour ses idéaux que d’être étouffé par ses racines. À travers des poèmes très « punk » et « rock’n’roll », Soufiane El Khalidy nous invite à découvrir son parcours personnel et dénonce au passage les travers de la société. Son écriture dévoile une identité multiple et mouvante. Sa poésie, très libre et moderne, dépeint son enfance à Agadir, sa vie d’étudiant à Al Akhawayn, aux États-Unis, en France et en Espagne, des tournages à Hollywood en tant qu’acteur, le racisme dans l’industrie du cinéma, son regard sur les sociétés marocaines, américaines ainsi que le reste du monde, les femmes de sa vie, ses moments de joie, ses moments de doutes… En choisissant le cinéma, Soufiane voulait montrer un autre Maroc au reste du monde, loin des clichés habituels, de la misère, des paysages désertiques et des couleurs qu’on voit d’habitude sur nos écrans. Il écrira ces poèmes durant ses voyages et ses études, et sur les plateaux de tournage à Hollywood. Un recueil qui interpelle, questionne et fait réagir.
- Membre du Jury de la 12ème édition du festival international du cinema des Jeunes de Meknes
- 1804: The Hidden History of Haiti - Tariq Nasheed - French General
- Master en beaux arts et production cinématographique à Full Sail University avec bourse d'excellence pour talents Internationaux ( Global Achievement Award for Excellency in Filmmaking) - Full Sail University, USA
- Auditions Préliminaires à l'Actors Studio de New York présidées par Al Pacino et Harvey Keitel - The Actors Studio in New York, USA
- Stage de Formation - Peter Valentino Acting Studio, USA
- Heroic Girl - Aaron Weldon - The Father
Just Like You Imagined (Série en Développement)
1 Nomination: Los Angeles Cinefest Soufiane El Khalidy 2017 Semi Finalist Nominee Jury Award Best Screenplay - Short Soufiane El Khalidy
- JukeBox Zero (Long Métrage En Développement) - Scénariste
8 Nominations: Chicago Horror Film Festival 2018 Nominee Jury Award Best Screenplay Soufiane El Khalidy IndieWise Film Festival 2017 Nominee Jury Prize Best Script Soufiane El Khalidy 2016 Nominee Jury Prize Best Script Soufiane El Khalidy 2016 Finalist Thanksgiving IndustryBOOST Competition Best Script Soufiane El Khalidy US Hollywood International Film Festival 2017 Nominee Golden Film Award Screenplay Soufiane El Khalidy Los Angeles Cinefest 2016 Nominee Los Angeles Cinefest Award Screenplay Short/Television Pilot Soufiane El Khalidy (s) International Open Film Festival (IOFF) 2016 Semi Finalist Nominee Best Award Best Short Screenplay Soufiane El Khalidy STEPS International Rights Film Festival 2016 Nominee Festival Prize Best Script Soufiane El Khalidy
- Flags and Masks Down (Court Métrage) - Réalisateur/Scénariste/Producteur
22 Nominations: Los Angeles Cinefest 2015 Nominee Los Angeles Cinefest Award Best Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy International Open Film Festival (IOFF) 2016 Nominee Best Award Best International Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy IndieWise Film Festival 2016 Nominee Jury Prize Best Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy Barcelona Planet Film Festival 2015 Nominee Jury Prize Best Trailer Soufiane El Khalidy RocknRoll Film Festival Kenya (ROFFEKE) 2016 Nominee ROFFEKE RocknRoll Film Festival Award Rock 'N' Roll Themed Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy Broken Knuckle Film Festival 2015 Nominee BKFF 2015 Slamin Short Soufiane El Khalidy The Monthly Film Festival (TMFF) 2015 Nominee December Award Trailer of The Month Soufiane El Khalidy Blackbird Film Festival 2015 Nominee Jury Award Best Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy Amazonas Film Festival 2015 Nominee Amazonas Award Best Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy Visionaria 2015 Nominee Jury Prize International Competition Soufiane El Khalidy 2015 Nominee Jury Prize Short Film with Theme Borders Soufiane El Khalidy Ozark Film Festival 2015 Nominee Jury Award Best Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy Miami Independent Film Festival 2015 Nominee Mindie Best Student Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy Phoenix Film Festival Melbourne 2015 Nominee Phoenix Award Best Short Film Soufiane El Khalidy Cyprus International Film Festival 2017 Nominee CIFF Award Best Poster Contest Soufiane El Khalidy Los Angeles Cinefest 2017 Nominee Jury Award Best Poster Soufiane El Khalidy Edwardo Aguirre
- Ghosts of Beirut - Greg Barker - Kerem
- The Eight - Ahmed Medhat - Youssef
- Colosseum - Roel Reine - Centurion
- Die Zielfahnder: The Arab Adventure - Connie Walter - Commander of Moroccan Special Forces
- NCIS: Los Angeles - Tawnia McKiernan - Sayid Lajani
- Riley Parra - Christin Baker - Redwan
- Three Days To Live - Biagio Messina - Mark
- Kingdom - Adam Davidson - Media Photographer
- Declassified: Untold Stories of American Spies - Domini Hofmann - Plane Passenger
- Pranked: Focus Group Freakout with Josh Norman and Emmanuel Sanders - Focus Group Member
- Joker and Donald Trump Jr. - Le Diass - Donald Trump Jr.